Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Testing

I think God might be testing me.  You can choose to control your attitude and emotions to remain joyful, in spite of your circumstances.  In the midst of a lot of work pressure and 16 month old who still doesn't sleep through the night, I have a perfect opportunity to demonstrate maturity and to be joyful in spite of difficult circumstances.

I think He wants me to see that I am stronger and more resilient than I think I am.

I am reminded of strain hardening metals.

Ultimately, I am responsible for my own attitude, avoiding bitterness, and choosing to be joyful in spite of inefficient support services at work and chronic sleep deprivation at home.

http://bible.com/111/1th.5.16-24.niv
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. ...  May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.

http://bible.com/111/jas.1.2-4.niv
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

http://bible.com/111/1pe.1.6-9.niv
In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

Heavenly Father, please help me be mature.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment