Tuesday, November 10, 2015

acting like my Father

On Sunday, Joe spoke in our morning gathering, and his dad and brother came to support.  Joe spoke about how sometimes we wish we had a second chance at a first impression; Jesus was God incarnate, reintroducing Himself to us.  In the next seven weeks, we will be studying Jesus's seven "I AM" metaphors, and Joe invited us to consider how we could allow ourselves to give Jesus another chance at an introduction.  

During communion, I noticed how Joe's brother had very similar mannerisms as their dad.  The thought occurred to me, I want people to recognize that I look like my Father.  I want to move and talk like Jesus so that people will recognize that I AM is in me.

Heavenly Father, I want to act like you.  Help me see you and learn to live like you.  Help me see you through Jesus.  Holy Spirit, help me.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment