Friday, November 20, 2015

It's a girl!

We learned earlier this week that our next child is a girl!  God has spoken to us in several ways over the past couple of months. 

God interrupted one of Brandi's moments of anxiousness aboug the pregnancy to tell her that He was going to give her the desire of her heart (to have a girl).  It was such a clear moment that Brandi smiled.

A few weeks later, Brandi woke up two mornings in a row with the impression that her name should be Katelyn Elizabeth.  Brandi and I had talked about this name several years ago because the name honors both my mom and Brandi's mom, but Brandi wasn't excited about it until a week later she looked up the meaning - "pure oath of God".  She felt like this was a confirmation of the promise that He had given her to give her the desire of her heart.

Lori had a dream about Brandi having an ultrasound and finding out it was a girl.  Then I had a dream that I told someone, "Oh, you have three boys and a girl, just like us."

Brandi told Lindsey about these things one Sunday morning, and Lindsey's response was Luke 1:45:

"Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!"

Indeed, the Lord was faithful to His promises to us.  We look forward to her arrival in May.

As I think about having a daughter, I am a little nervous about the newness and differences of raising a daughter.  But I think I am especially impressed with the idea that I want to raise her to be a Daughter of God.  I want to be careful to demonstrate the character of our Heavenly Father.

Heavenly Father, thank you for speaking to us, and thank you for blessing is with a daughter.  Thank you for giving us a testimony of you speaking to us.  Lord, please help us parent her to know you and love you.  We love you, and we praise you.  I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment