Monday, November 23, 2015

Jesus is the Bread of Life

A week ago, Neill preached in John 6.  The thesis was that Jesus is our provider, and we can trust Him.

One of the points that really rang true with me is that Jesus doesn't need us to have everything figured out.  He just wants us to submit what we have to Him and trust Him to bless it.  When Jesus fed the 5000, it all started with five loaves and two fish.  I have been very self critical because I still have less than ten publications, which not that different from seven little pieces of lunch.  I just need to trust God with my five loaves and two fish and ask Him to do good things through me.

Heavenly Father, I bring you my insufficient self, my five loaves and two fish, and I trust you to manifest your life through mine.  May you be honored by my character.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment