Saturday, November 14, 2015

Last days

But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.
2 Timothy 3:1-5 NIV

For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.
2 Timothy 4:3-4 NIV

Read the news headlines.  Ask yourself, "Are we in the last days?"  I believe the answer should always be, "Yes."  We should live with the expectation that Christ might return at any moment.

I feel like the world progressively grows more audaciously apostate, but perhaps it is an artifact of me continuing to grow closer to the Lord.  I think I need to intentionally and explicitly prepare my children to navigate such a world - to be prepared for fierce conflict with the enemy.

Heavenly Father, please help me be wise and discerning in these days.  Help me see the signs of the times.  Don't let me be ignorant and naive.  Help me prepare my children to live as faithful disciples in this world, despite what fierce opposition may come.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment