Wednesday, February 17, 2016

water you drinking

Monday night, I was watching a movie with the boys.  Rhett got restless, so he started playing with the toy kitchen set, and he kept bringing me an empty toy teacup saying "water" or "juice".  I obliged and pretended to drink what he brought me. After a few rounds, I continued to oblige while still watching the movie.  Until he brought me a cup and I realized that I was actually sipping water into my mouth.  But Rhett is not tall enough to reach the sink.  And he has a bad habit of playing in the toilet.  Fortunately, I caught myself and ran to the sink to spit out what was in my mouth, which I had observed had a foul taste/smell.  I tried not to think about it.  But then I discovered that one of the other boys forgot to flush the toilet.

I was thinking about how we nearly unconsciously "sip" all kinds of propaganda and worldly nonsense nearly every day.  We have to be really careful what we actually "ingest", because it really affects us.  It affects the way we think and what we end up believing.  And our implicit value system governs our behavior.  What am I drinking?

Heavenly Father, thank you for revealing your truth, and thank you for the hope of sanctification and a renewable mind.  Lord, I want to believe your truth, and I want to continue to seek you.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment