Thursday, July 26, 2018

Summer vacation 2018

We went to South Texas to celebrate my Grandmother's 90th birthday.  She has forgotten who most of us are, and she only remembers the last few minutes, so every time I saw here I greeted her as if for the first time, and I said, "Hello, Grandmother!", so that she would have a clue about how I was related to her.  One time she came out to the swimming pool and was watching the kids swim.  I sat next to her and asked her what her favorite Scripture passage was.  She said that it would be hard for her to pick, and then she asked me.  I told her that I think Romans 8 is one of my favorites.  I talked about verse 1, verses 5-6, and verses 28-39.  It was so encouraging to see her face light up.  I asked her when she started following Jesus, and she said she thinks she was six or seven years old.  I told her about when I remember believing the Gospel and feeling freedom from my sin. Afterwards, I thanked God for the opportunity to have a spiritual conversation with her.  Before we left, Grandmother was out in the yard watering plants, and I got to hug her and tell her that I love her.  And I spoke one of the Apostle Paul's blessings over her, "May the grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you." That was a special moment for me.

We also went out to the cabin in the Hill Country, and we spent a day with Brandi's grandparents.  It was great to have spiritual conversations about healing with Grandma and fruit of the spirit with Paw Paw.  I was thankful that Paw Paw took time to go out in the heat of the afternoon with me to dig up a chili petine/pequine plant for us to bring back to El Paso.

Father, thank you for family, and thank you for the heritage that we have in Jesus Christ.  Thank you for the opportunity to have time together as a family.  Lord, thank you for protecting us and preserving us.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment