Sunday, July 15, 2018

Hosting the Holy Spirit and listening

As he spoke, the Spirit came into me and raised me to my feet, and I heard him speaking to me.
Ezekiel 2:2 NIV

Then the Spirit came into me and raised me to my feet. He spoke to me and said: ...
Ezekiel 3:24 NIV

As followers of Jesus, we are blessed with the presence of the Holy Spirit.  Before Jesus, only a select few were blessed with hosting the Holy Spirit, but in Christ, we are all hosts.

One of the key benefits of hosting the Holy Spirit is hearing Him speak, personally.  The God of the universe wants to speak directly and personally into our lives, and He wants us to share our loving relationship with Him with the people around us.

Father, thank you for your presence, and thank you for speaking.  I want to be a good host, and I want to listen and obey.  

No comments:

Post a Comment