Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Already paid in full

Yesterday, I stopped in to say hello to one of my colleagues.  I discovered that he was involved in a community service program and complimented his efforts.  As I was walking away, he said, "We all have to pay for our sins somehow." I was already out the door and walking down the hall, but I had a gut reaction that his statement was not true.  I wish I had responded immediately.

A few minutes later, I was walking back by his office, and I decided I was going to respond.  So, I stepped into his doorway and said with a smile, "The good news of Jesus is that He paid for all of our sins, so we don't have to pay for anything."  He replied, "I didn't get a receipt." And as I was walking away again, I responded, "Just ask Him for it, and He will give it to you."

Heavenly Father, thank you for the opportunity to share the good news of Jesus.  Holy Spirit, please help my colleague understand how much you love him.  I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment