Tuesday, July 17, 2018

In honor of Greg Hunt

This past Sunday, after 12 years of leadership, Greg resigned as pastor of Paseo, and we had the privilege of gathering around him and his family and praying over him.

As I have reflected on how God has used Greg's leadership to influence me, I am thankful for these principles that Greg has prioritized:
- Everyday sacredness. Every moment of every day, big or small, is holy because we spend it in the presence of God.
- Missio Dei.  We are joining God in His mission.  God is at work, and we are collaborating with Him in the renewal of all things.
- Make a difference by showing people practical love in your community around you.  It is not enough to say that you love God; demonstrate it by how you actively treat people with love and grace.
- The integration of missiology, christology, and ecclesiology are essential for a growing church.
- Homegroups are foundational for living out a discipling, nurturing, and apastolic culture.

I will miss Greg and his drive to "charge the next hill!", but I'm thankful that our friendship can continue.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the past eight years of walking through church leadership with Greg and the ways that you have grown me by working with him. I know that you will bless the next chapter in Greg's life, as well as Paseo's.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment