Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Thankful for God's blessings through promotion

I am thankful for the opportunity to serve as the Director of UTEP's Center for Inland Desalination Systems (as of July 1).  

I am realizing that it is the Lord who gives promotion.  Over the past several years, I remember many times at home in front of the sink with a pile of dishes and asking God to sort out my task list at work because I knew it honored Him for me to spend time taking care of my family.

On Saturday and Sunday, I spent time in prayer dedicating myself to the Lord in this position of leadership.  I am reminded of how it is my job to be humble and obedient and leave favor and promotion up to the Lord.

Humility is the fear of the LORD; its wages are riches and honor and life.
Proverbs 22:4 NIV

Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.
James 4:10 NIV

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
1 Peter 5:6‭-‬7 NIV

As I've been discussing this with Brandi, I have had some fears of inadequacy.  Sunday I told Brandi how at each stage of promotion, I have had fears of failing out.  I was afraid of failing out of college, then grad school, then not getting tenure.  At lunch on Sunday, I asked Brandi to speak truth over me, and she said that while this opportunity of leadership is new to me, God has seen it from before time, and He has good plans for me.  It is a lie that I am not good enough and that I am going to fail at this position because Christ is in me, and He is good enough, and He has already overcome sin and death.  

I will not allow fear of failure to undermine my joy and impact in this position. I know that it is God's will to do good things through me (Eph 2:10), and I walk in His grace and favor because I am a son of God.  I will humbly walk in confidence of the Lord's goodness.

Father, you are good, and you are loving.  Jesus, I live for your life to be manifested through me.  Holy Spirit, I want to walk in your supernatural anointing in this position.  Thank you for granting me favor.  I humbly acknowledge your grace, and I will continue to do so. Father, use me to touch people all over the world with your love.  Dispense your living water through me.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment