Thursday, March 14, 2019

I want to echo Holy Spirit

Whenever you are arrested and brought to trial, do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit.
Mark 13:11 NIV

I would prefer not to be arrested, but I would like to channel the Holy Spirit.

I had the opportunity to pray for a lady at lunch yesterday who does not yet know Jesus personally.  I told her that her Father loves her and wants a personal, conversational relationship with her.  And then I prayed for her, asking Holy Spirit to show himself to her in clear ways.  I hope that I was saying what the Holy Spirit was saying.

I suppose that the way to learn which voice to channel is to practice channeling the voice that I think is the Holy Spirit.  If it produces the fruit of the Spirit, then I will know that it was the Holy Spirit.  If not, then I ask for mercy and try again.

Father and Jesus, thank you for giving me the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit, thank you for your patience with me as I learn to tune in to your voice.  I love you, and I want to be able to single your gentle voice out of a roaring crowd.  I want to be so centered on you that my own thoughts submit to your lordship. May your love and power be clearly shown through me. I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment