Wednesday, March 27, 2019

How many demons stay quiet in churches?

Then he went down to Capernaum, a town in Galilee, and on the Sabbath he taught the people. They were amazed at his teaching, because his words had authority.  In the synagogue there was a man possessed by a demon, an impure spirit. He cried out at the top of his voice, "Go away! What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!"
Luke 4:31‭-‬34 NIV

When I was a kid, I used to think that demons weren't around anymore.  But now I think that most of the time they operate more inconspicuously here in the U.S., especially in church meetings. 

What if we spoke and lived with the authority that Christ walked in and the authority that He delegated to us? Would the collision of the Kingdom of Heaven which we bring be more obvious?  Even in church gatherings?

I think it would be especially obvious in church gatherings.

Father, thank you for making me a son in your Kingdom.  Jesus, thank you for delegating your royal authority to me and for giving me your Holy Spirit.  Holy Spirit, I want to be used by you to reveal your power to implement the lordship of Jesus here on earth as it is in Heaven.  Teach me.  Show me the next steps.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment