Monday, December 3, 2007

Hooray for Hebrews!

 
Here are a few of my favorite verses:
12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. 2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God's throne. ... 12 So take a new grip with your tired hands and strengthen your weak knees. 13 Mark out a straight path for your feet so that those who are weak and lame will not fall but become strong. ... 28 Since we are receiving a Kingdom that is unshakable, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe. 29 For our God is a devouring fire.
Verses 12 and 13 really spoke to me this morning because my wife and I stayed up very late last night (this morning) working on projects for our graduate school responsibilities.  It is so easy to feel discouraged and defeated, but we must never give up!  I'm reminded of 1 Corinthians 15:58 -
So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for your Word that is daily bread to my spirit and soul!  Lord Jesus, please give me strength to obey these Scriptures.  Lord, use me as a testimony of your goodness in the middle of stress and opposition.  I praise you because you are Holy and ever worthy of praise!  I pray this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Amen.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment