Friday, November 20, 2009

living in fellowship

Luke 7, 1 John 2

24 So you must remain faithful to what you have been taught from the beginning. If you do, you will remain in fellowship with the Son and with the Father. 25 And in this fellowship we enjoy the eternal life he promised us. ... 27 But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, so you don't need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you everything you need to know, and what he teaches is true—it is not a lie. So just as he has taught you, remain in fellowship with Christ. 28 And now, dear children, remain in fellowship with Christ so that when he returns, you will be full of courage and not shrink back from him in shame.

Do I really know Him, or do I just pretend to talk to Him?  Do I talk with Him, or do I just talk at Him?  Do I enjoy spending time with the Father, Son, and Spirit?  Or, would I rather watch television?  Do I know His heart?  Do I know what He wants and likes?

From these verses it seems like I should have a conversation with God all day long, and all of my life happens in the context of my conversation with Him.

Heavenly Father, you are good and kind, and your love is so amazing that Jesus died to take away the sins of the WHOLE WORLD!  Lord God, I want to fellowship with you today.  I want to live in fellowship.  I want to want to be with you more than anything else in this world.  I want to love you with all of my heart, soul, and spirit.  I want my conversation with you to control my attitude and response to everything that happens today.  Lord, please give me grace to see you and obey you.  May you be honored by my lifestyle; not because of my righteousness, but the righteousness of Christ. I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, the Righteous.

No comments:

Post a Comment