Friday, November 6, 2009

looking at Him

Mark 9, James 1

7 Then a cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my dearly loved Son. Listen to him." 8 Suddenly, when they looked around, Moses and Elijah were gone, and they saw only Jesus with them.

Last night I was looking at Beau looking at me.  I've heard that they can only see clearly within several inches of his face.  I was thinking of the analogy to our spiritual walk.  Our spiritual vision is often so blurry; we have to get so close to the Lord to see Him.

This morning, I was sitting next to Beau on the floor in the sunshine, and as he was looking at me, he smiled just for a second!  As I was relishing the joy that flooded my heart, the thought occurred to me, "I bet our Heavenly Father receives so much joy when we are pleased and smiling at Him!

Oh, that we would gaze upon Christ, who is the perfect picture of God!  (Heb. 12:2)

Heavenly Father, teach me to delight in you.  I love you, Lord, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment