Friday, November 13, 2009

worship

Mark 16, 1 Peter 3

The fundamental purpose of all of creation is to worship our creator:

Mk. 1619 When the Lord Jesus had finished talking with them, he was taken up into heaven and sat down in the place of honor at God's right hand.

1 Pet. 3:15 Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it. ... 22 Now Christ has gone to heaven. He is seated in the place of honor next to God, and all the angels and authorities and powers accept his authority.

My worship is so shallow and insincere.  I am more focused on my daily/weekly responsibilities than the One who created me and sustains my life.  Should not my every waking thought be meditating on the Lord and His goodness toward me?  Isn't the Resurrection of Jesus Christ sufficiently amazing to preoccupy my conscious for the rest of eternity?  Why then, am I so focused on the temporary things in this brief age?  How do I train my heart and mind to consistently and fervently worship Christ my Creator and Savior?  Then it would be perfectly natural for people to inquire of my obsession with God and His love for us.

Dear Heavenly Father, please forgive me for my pathetic worship.  You deserve so much more.  Please forgive me for the idolatry that plagues my daily life.  May you be the one true God in my life.  Dear Lord, please take me to the next level with you.  Jesus, I want to know you, hear your voice, love you, worship you, and obey you.  Holy Spirit, I want to continually walk in your presence, continually bearing your fruit, continually shining your light.  Lord, please soften my heart; make my conscious tender to want you and know you above all else.  Lord, may I genuinely be hungry and thirsty for you.  Please empty me of my self, and fill me with you, Lord.  You are so wonderful and beautiful.  Your kindness is impossible to understand.  Lord, please change my life so that I am clearly worshiping you.  I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment