Monday, November 2, 2009

joy comes in the morning!

Mark 5, Hebrews 10

It is amazing how much more sympathetically I view passages regarding concerned parents, even though I have only been able to hold my son for a couple of days.  I can imagine that if Jairus was fearful of his daughter's critical condition, he would beg the Lord for healing.  It is so reassuring to know that the Lord is compassionate - He is not only able to heal, He desires to heal!

We have experienced the Lord so much through Beau's birth.  The Lord has provided several great nurses.  Heidi was one of our labor and delivery nurses, and she was an integral part of Brandi's successful natural childbirth.  We know that God blessed us through her, and we pray that we were a testimony of Christ's love to her.  We prayed before hand that we would experience and show the love of Christ through the labor and delivery process, and I believe that the Lord was gracious to shine His light through us.  When we transferred to postpartum, Nancy was such a gentle, yet direct, caretaker.  At the end of her shift, she told us that she could tell that we are Believers and that she is also a follower of Christ!

Brandi and I are blown away by the love and compassion of the Body of Christ.  Our biological and spiritual families have supported us tremendously through this experience.  One of the sweetest memories of this weekend was praying over my son with my parents and Brandi's parents about an hour and a half after he was born.  It has also been wonderful to get so many visits, phone calls, and emails.  We have been especially touched by our Bible Life group who has arranged to bring us meals for several weeks, and many of whom have come to pray with us here in the hospital.  We can truly see the love of Jesus Christ through all of this.

I am also amazed at how strong my wife is.  We prayed for the Lord's strength, and He provided.  He is faithful to supply those who call on His name in humility.  I believe that the Lord used Brandi to strengthen me, and He used me to strengthen Brandi.  It is a feedback loop.  The Lord has blessed me with such a strong partner in ministering.  I feel like I have grown so much this weekend already - even more grace!

As I watch my wife feed my son, I am reminded of the analogy of the "motherly" Church with a "newborn" Believer.  My wife has to learn how to feed my son, and there are some techniques that she can employ to make feeding more efficient and effective.  And my son has to learn how to feed, also.  Both are learning and growing.  Similarly, the Church has to continue to learn the skills of training new Believers to be Disciples, and new Believers have to learn how to be Disciples. And as the Church continues to drink from the Living Water, the "milk" is graciously supplied to the Believers who come to the Body to grow.

Heavenly Father, your goodness and kindness to me are overwhelming.  I am humbled by your grace.  Dear Lord, please use me to bring honor and glory to your name.  Please forgive me where I am selfish, and mold me into the selfless servant that Jesus Christ is.  May I experience and share the love, light, and life of Jesus Christ.  I pray in His name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment