Monday, November 23, 2009

victory

Luke 10, 1 Peter 5

Lk 10 17 When the seventy-two disciples returned, they joyfully reported to him, "Lord, even the demons obey us when we use your name!"

 18 "Yes," he told them, "I saw Satan fall from heaven like lightning! 19 Look, I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy, and you can walk among snakes and scorpions and crush them. Nothing will injure you. 20 But don't rejoice because evil spirits obey you; rejoice because your names are registered in heaven."

Question:  Does that delegated spiritual authority apply only to the Apostles or to every believer?

1 Jn 5:4 For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith. 5 And who can win this battle against the world? Only those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

I don't know exactly what that victory looks like, but I think it is a lot more aggressive against the enemy than our congregation demonstrates.

Heavenly Father, I believe that Jesus is the Christ and that He is your Son.  I believe that you are mysteriously one with Christ and the Holy Spirit, in a way that I can't understand.  Lord, I want to trust you with childlike faith.  Please use me, Lord.  Please pour your love and life through me, and show me what an appropriate exercise of Christ's authority looks like.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, my Victor!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment