Tuesday, November 17, 2009

wilderness

Luke 4, 2 Peter 2

Interesting correlation:

Lk 3:2 Annas and Caiaphas were the high priests. At this time a message from God came to John son of Zechariah, who was living in the wilderness. 3 Then John went from place to place on both sides of the Jordan River, preaching that people should be baptized to show that they had repented of their sins and turned to God to be forgiven.

Lk 4:1 Then Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan River. He was led by the Spirit in the wilderness, 2 where he was tempted by the devil for forty days. Jesus ate nothing all that time and became very hungry. ... 14 Then Jesus returned to Galilee, filled with the Holy Spirit's power. Reports about him spread quickly through the whole region. 15 He taught regularly in their synagogues and was praised by everyone.

I think there is something to this wilderness business.

Heavenly Father, please help me seek you.  Lord, I want to hear from you, and if that means going out into the wilderness, then so be it.  Holy Spirit, please fill me and use me.  May I teach your truth and demonstrate the authority of Christ, to the glory of God.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment