Monday, October 25, 2010

our sin grieves the Lord

Jeremiah 6-8, 1 Cor. 6-8

 J 7:8 "'Don't be fooled into thinking that you will never suffer because the Temple is here. It's a lie! 9 Do you really think you can steal, murder, commit adultery, lie, and burn incense to Baal and all those other new gods of yours, 10 and then come here and stand before me in my Temple and chant, "We are safe!"—only to go right back to all those evils again? 11 Don't you yourselves admit that this Temple, which bears my name, has become a den of thieves? Surely I see all the evil going on there. I, the Lord, have spoken! ...  30 "The people of Judah have sinned before my very eyes," says the Lord. "They have set up their abominable idols right in the Temple that bears my name, defiling it.

 8:4 "Jeremiah, say to the people, 'This is what the Lord says:   "'When people fall down, don't they get up again?
      When they discover they're on the wrong road, don't they turn back?
 5 Then why do these people stay on their self-destructive path?
      Why do the people of Jerusalem refuse to turn back?
   They cling tightly to their lies
      and will not turn around. ...
21 I hurt with the hurt of my people.
      I mourn and am overcome with grief.


Heavenly Father, I am sorry for hurting you with my selfishness and sin.  Lord, please forgive me of pride, lust, and apathy, and lead me to walk faithfully with you.  Lord, I want to honor you.  I pray that my life will demonstrate the Lordship of Jesus Christ and His character.  I pray in His name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment