Tuesday, October 12, 2010

focus

Isaiah 39-40

How easy it is to be distracted and drawn toward any thing other than the Lord!  Nothing even compares to Him, so how is it so easy to be distracted from pursuing Him?

 40:18 To whom, then, will you compare God?
       What image will you compare him to?  ...
 25 "To whom will you compare me?
       Or who is my equal?" says the Holy One.  ...
 28 Do you not know?
       Have you not heard?
       The LORD is the everlasting God,
       the Creator of the ends of the earth.
       He will not grow tired or weary,
       and his understanding no one can fathom.

Heavenly Father, I am sorry that I am so easily distracted from you.  Lord, please help me focus on you and pursue you.  Lord, deliver me from the business of my life and all of the things that I think I need to accomplish.  Lord, please let me simply put my faith, hope, and love in you and trust you to carry me.  Lord, may my life be spent as a pleasing offering to you.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment