Thursday, October 28, 2010

sanctification of the heart

Jeremiah 15-17

Last night I attended the UNO U meeting on campus, and Mike spoke about envidia (envy).  I think envy is so closely connected to pride, and pride is buried so deep in the heart.  I want so badly for my heart to purely desire the Lord, and for everything else to be an outflow of His love through me.

17:7 "But blessed are those who trust in the Lord
      and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.
 8 They are like trees planted along a riverbank,
      with roots that reach deep into the water.
   Such trees are not bothered by the heat
      or worried by long months of drought.
   Their leaves stay green,
      and they never stop producing fruit.

 9 "The human heart is the most deceitful of all things,
      and desperately wicked.

      Who really knows how bad it is?
 10 But I, the Lord, search all hearts
      and examine secret motives.

   I give all people their due rewards,
      according to what their actions deserve."

Heavenly Father, I want to know you, and I want you to search my heart.  I know that it is humbling to see what is really inside my heart, but I need you to clean me and purify my heart so that you will be pleased with me as you transform me into the image of Christ.  And I will enjoy you more and more as you purify my heart to desire you and nothing evil.  Please Lord; I need you.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, who died so that I could be saved.


No comments:

Post a Comment