Tuesday, October 5, 2010

business and focus

Isaiah 23-25

I feel like it is kind of foggy in my brain.  I have so many things to do at work (preparing for lectures, meeting people, developing a research plan, and a never-ending influx of emails).  And I want to be a good father and husband and spend quality time with my family.  I am praying for balance and focus on the correct priorities.

 25:9 In that day the people will proclaim,
   "This is our God!
      We trusted in him, and he saved us!
   This is the Lord, in whom we trusted.
      Let us rejoice in the salvation he brings!"

I want to live for That Day (which coul be today), but sometimes it is difficult to sort out what will have eternal consequences and what won't.  I want to live by walking with the spirit instead of accomplishing a list of tasks.

Heavenly Father, I need your salvation.  Practical salvation.  I need you to rescue me from emails and my to-do list.  Lord, I need you to focus my heart's desire on loving you and loving others.  Lord, please help me view my vocation through the lens of a walk with you through which you accomplish ministry, evangelism, and discipleship.  I love you, Lord.  Please help me.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment