Tuesday, October 26, 2010

ownership

Jeremiah 9-11, 1 Corinthians 9-11

It seems to me that one of the greatest challenges in life is to discern between our own selfish desires and our God-given desires, so that we may sacrifice our selfish desires in pursuit of knowing, enjoying, and honoring the Lord through His unfolding will for our lives.

 10:23 I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own.
      We are not able to plan our own course.
 24 So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle.
      Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.


Heavenly Father, you have bought my life with the precious blood of Christ.  I am not my own.  Lord, please lead me along the path that you have for me.  May I be faithful to "do the work" knowing that you are with me and guiding me.  May I be diligent to cooperate with you as you establish your Kingdom.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment