Tuesday, July 12, 2011

God's love for humanity

Acts 15

8 God knows people's hearts, and he confirmed that he accepts Gentiles by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as he did to us. 9 He made no distinction between us and them, for he cleansed their hearts through faith. 10 So why are you now challenging God by burdening the Gentile believers with a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors were able to bear? 11We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus."

15 And this conversion of Gentiles is exactly what the prophets predicted. As it is written: 16 'Afterward I will return
      and restore the fallen house of David.
   I will rebuild its ruins
      and restore it,
 17 so that the rest of humanity might seek the Lord,
      including the Gentiles—
      all those I have called to be mine.


God has made a way for us to be reconnected to Him.  He has shown His love for us by sending Jesus to die on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins, and He has given us His own Holy Spirit.  He wants us to share this good news with others so that they may experience His expensive love.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your love and care.  Thank you for sending Jesus.  Thank you for your Holy Spirit.  Please anoint me and empower me today with boldness to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Lord, please give me your perspective so that I can know your will and do it as I walk with you.  I love you, Lord, and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment