Monday, July 25, 2011

ministering to the Lord

Acts 28

Brother David in Austin pointed out this verse to me some time ago, and it still impresses me, especially the first part:

2 While they were ministering to the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them."(NASB)

Yesterday, I helped Beau put on his shoes before we went to church.  He got a big smile on his face, and without me saying anything, he went and found my shoes and brought them to me with the brightest eyes.  Based on the way my heart filled with joy in beholding my son thoughtfully and autonomously considering me, I imagine that "ministering to the Lord" is something like that.

Heavenly Father, I want to minister to you.  I want to think about you and what you desire in your Kingdom, and I want to joyfully work with you towards your goals.  I love you, Lord.  Please help me see you and walk with you today.  I love you, and I want to enjoy a day spent with you.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment