Thursday, July 28, 2011

sobering reality

Romans 2
 
6 He will judge everyone according to what they have done. 7 He will give eternal life to those who keep on doing good, seeking after the glory and honor and immortality that God offers. 8 But he will pour out his anger and wrath on those who live for themselves, who refuse to obey the truth and instead live lives of wickedness. ... 16 And this is the message I proclaim—that the day is coming when God, through Christ Jesus, will judge everyone's secret life.
 
It's easy to get busy with the details of your life and trying to keep track of everything when you are so busy, but the truth is that our time here is very brief, and we need to make sure that we're making every moment count for eternity.  With a humble heart and a clean conscience, I need to keep in step with the Spirit and take advantage of opportunities to share the truth of Jesus Christ with others.
 
Heavenly Father, thank you for your grace and mercy through Jesus Christ.  Thank you for judging my sin on the Cross so that I can have your forgiveness and fellowship with you.  Lord, I want to keep on doing good and seeking after the glory and honor and immortality that you offer.  I love you, Lord, and today I want to keep my mind focused on you and your eternal reality.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment