Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Thankful for my wife

I had a good prayer walk along the beach here in Miami this evening. I
feel more at peace. I am thankful for His grace through Christ. And
i'm thankful for His grace through Brandi in our marriage. She is
consistently so kind and compassionate to me, and she is such a
faithful wife, mother, and friend. I am so thankful for her
forgiveness. Every year I am impressed more and more how much was at
stake over a handful of years ago now. It kills me to think how close
I was to losing her and all the ways the Lord has blessed me through
her throughout my life. My life is so much better because of her.
Brandi is an incredible gift from the Lord, and I am sorry for how
much I take for granted. I sincerely want to be a better disciple,
husband, father, friend, and professor. I want to walk with the Lord
with joy and peace, and i want to be a vessel for Him to dispense
Himself into my family, friends, colleagues, and students. And I
especially want to be a servant to my wife.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the wonderful wife you have given me. I
know that she is a gift from you. Thank you for using her to teach me
your mercy and grace and steadfast love. Please continue to give her
patience with me as I learn and grow to be a better husband and
father. Lord, please help me show the love of Christ to Brandi, and
please help me show the love of the Father to our children. Please
use me to bless Brandi and serve her. Thank you for Brandi. I love
you, Lord, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment