Monday, July 11, 2011

persistence

Acts 14

I am so impressed with the persistence of Paul and Barnabas.  God called them to go and share the Gospel, and they did.  They persevered through riots and even being stoned.  They continued to preach the Gospel and make disciples.

I am reminded of Hebrews 12:

 1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. 2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God's throne. 3 Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people; then you won't become weary and give up. 4 After all, you have not yet given your lives in your struggle against sin.

Heavenly Father, thank you for these examples of faith, and thank you for the example of Christ.  Lord, I want to obey you and run the race that you have marked out for me.  Lord, please give me wisdom to know what to do, and give me discernment to see what is of you and what is of my flesh.  Lord, may I be useful to you.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment