Tuesday, November 20, 2012

humility and wisdom

James 3

13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. ... 17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18 Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.

I want to be a humble and wise man.  I want to live a righteous life.  I want to be a peacemaker.  These are character traits of Jesus.  I want to be like Jesus.

Heavenly Father, please help me seek to know you and walk with you.  Lord, please grow these character traits in me.  Please purify my heart and deliver me from bitter envy and selfish ambition.  I am a follower of Jesus, and I want to walk in His way.  I love you, Lord, and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment