Monday, November 12, 2012

meditation

Hebrews 8

I think the fundamental difference between Christian meditation and religious mediation is that Christian mediation seeks to experience Christ, to fellowship with His Spirit, to enjoy Him, to hear His instruction, and to obey.  Religious meditation may seek higher-level self-awareness, which may allow for some beneficial improvements, but this practice is incomplete.  We need to consistently encounter Jesus and experience Him.  In such practice, we incarnate Him, and He incarnates us.  Abiding in the vine.

We are enabled to do so because Jesus is the Great High Priest, who has, once and forever, made atonement for us and restored our fellowship with God.

Heavenly Father, I want to abide in you.  I want to seek to know you and walk with you, not just know about you.  Please help me walk in The Way.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment