Thursday, November 15, 2012

faith

Heb 11
Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. ... 6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
Fundamentally, I think you have to have faith to talk to God in the first place.  As I have been thinking about meditation and prayer the last several days, I think you have to believe that you will encounter God - that by prayer and meditation, we can experience Him. 
 
If the goal of meditation is only self-examination, then it is incomplete.  God should have the full attention of man.  And I think that our full attention warrants conversation.  That is, God allows us to know Him and engage Him; He allows us to talk to Him, and He responds through His Spirit.
 
Heavenly Father, I want to know you.  I want to converse with you.  Like Enoch, who walked with you, I want to know your person.  I love you. Please give me faith to continue earnestly seeking you.  I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment