Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving

1 Peter 1

I am thankful for many things. I should be more thoughtfully thankful.  I say that every year. 

1 Peter 1:8-9 NIV

Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

I asked my mom and dad this morning how to be joyful.  My dad told me that the beginning of joy is thankfulness.  I asked how to be thankful.  It starts with telling God "thank you" for things that we take time to recognize as blessings.

I am thankful for grace and faith in Jesus.  I am thankful for my sweet wife and two amazing boys.  I am thankful for godly parents and fun brothers.  I am thankful for dear friends and family.  I am thankful for the vocation that God has given me.

Heavenly Father, I want to be a grateful and thankful person, and I want to be filled with your joy.  I want to enjoy your life.  Please help me abide in your love.  I love you and pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment