Wednesday, November 7, 2012

old friends

Heb 3
1 Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, whom we acknowledge as our apostle and high priest.
 
I flew up to Toronto on Sunday for the AWWA WQTC, and I got to spend some good time with my PhD advisor and my PhD office mate.  They are great guys, and they have taught me a lot.  Younggy is now a professor at a university an hour from Toronto, so I got to tour his office and lab on Sunday evening.  Spent the night in a bed and breakfast; felt like royalty.  It was so encouraging to be able to see Des and Younggy.
 
As Younggy and I were driving back to the conference on Monday morning, we discussed the importance of meditation and the similarities between Bhutist vipassana meditation and Christian meditation.  I am convinced that I do not meditate enough; I need to fix my thoughts on Jesus.  This is consistent with Rom. 8:5-6, Rom. 12;1-2, and Heb. 12:1-2.  I think it takes a great deal of intentional mental focus to set your mind on the spirit, and not on the flesh.  Another word for "fix" might be "weld".  Weld your thoughts to Jesus.
 
Heavenly Father, please forgive me for being so selfish.  Please help me saturate my mind with your truth and life.  I want to fix my thoughts on Jesus.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment