Friday, August 30, 2013

Shepherding

Ezekiel

Wow.  The Old Testament is long.  And the end is depressing.  The depravity of our flesh is disturbing.

From chapter 34, shepherds should:
- feed their sheep
- take care of the weak
- tend the sick, bind up broken wounds
- protect the flock
- go out searching for the lost and wandering
- give them clean water to drink.

God will hold the shepherds responsible for what happens to the flock.

Ezekiel 36:26-27 ESV
And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.

Heavenly Father, please help me be a good shepherd, helping people know the Good Shepherd.  Lord, please help me be intentional and consistent in shepherding.  I love you, Lord, and I want to help care for your children.  I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment