Monday, September 2, 2013

Realistic Optimism and Joy

Ezekiel

I have come to believe that, as a follower of Jesus Christ, we should fundamentally have a perspective of realistic optimism.  That is, we are realistic in the fact that the world, as a whole, will not be in complete peace until Christ returns.  But until then, we continue to believe that God is using us as ambassadors of Christ, and in the life of potentially any person around us, He may use us to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ and raise that person from spiritual death into eternal life!

Ezekiel 37:3-5, 7, 10 ESV
And he said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" And I answered, "O Lord God , you know." Then he said to me, "Prophesy over these bones, and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord . Thus says the Lord God to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live. ... So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I prophesied, there was a sound, and behold, a rattling, and the bones came together, bone to its bone. ... So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived and stood on their feet, an exceedingly great army.

Ephesians 1:19-20 ESV
and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places,

Ephesians 2:4-5 ESV
But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved—

Turns out, one of the most joyful and optimistic people I know is my wife.  She is usually and generally happy, optimistic, and joyful.  I need to support her joy and join her in a life of joy. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for raising me from the dead and breathing your life into me.  Thank you for the opportunity to be your ambassadors of life.  Lord, please help me see the circumstances of life from your perspective; I need to know you better.  I love you, Lord, and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment