Friday, September 20, 2013

confession

Nehemiah

9:33 Yet you have been righteous in all that has come upon us, for you have dealt faithfully and we have acted wickedly.

Brandi and I visited a home group of the Charles River Church (http://www.thecharlesriverchurch.com/) last night, and we discuss the passage of Nehemiah 1 that the pastor shared on Sunday morning.  This theme of confession has been reiterated in my reading these past few weeks, and I am beginning to realize that I need to be consistent in confession.  

I think confession facilitates brokenness, humility, and repentance.  I think two big things happen when we are broken: (1) we get closer to the Lord, and (2) we are more available for the Lord to transform us more into the image of Christ.  In short, our lives become more united with His.

Heavenly Father, please forgive me for my hard heart.  Lord, it is so easy for me to grow calloused and religious.  Lord, it takes so much work to be broken.  My flesh doesn't like it.  But, Lord, you look with favor on the broken; you are present with the broken.  You show yourself strong to the broken.  Lord, I'm afraid to ask, but I know I must ask you to break my heart for my own sin, the sin of my Brothers and Sisters in my faith communities, and the lostness of so many people around me.   Lord, please give me the heart of Christ.  I love you, Lord, and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment