Friday, September 20, 2013

Joy of the Lord

Nehemiah

8:10 ... the joy of the Lord is your strength.

What does that mean? 

Maybe by implication, it means that my own strength is not my strength.  Maybe my intellect and good looks are not my strength.  Maybe my good personality and charm are not my strength.  Maybe it is silly to think that I have strength, intellect, good looks, or personality, because these are all fleshly perspectives of myself. 

Maybe I need to focus on the Lord and enjoy Him.  Maybe as I delight in Him, I will be filled with joy, and I will realize that I am undeserving of His mercy and favor.

Heavenly Father, you are so kind and patient.  Lord, please forgive me for my prideful attitude of thinking I can pull it all together and get it done.  Lord, may I humbly walk with you, knowing that it is you who allows me to rise up and go.  May I go and make disciples.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment