Monday, September 16, 2013

thankful for His favor

Ezra

7:27 Praise the Lord, the God of our ancestors, who made the king want to beautify the Temple of the Lord in Jerusalem!28 And praise him for demonstrating such unfailing love to me by honoring me before the king, his council, and all his mighty nobles! I felt encouraged because the gracious hand of the Lord my God was on me. And I gathered some of the leaders of Israel to return with me to Jerusalem.

I feel like God has really blessed me with a ton of favor, especially professionally.  And I don't think it is so that I can be cool (well, as cool as a nerdy geek can be).  I think it is for His purpose of advancing the Kingdom of Christ.  

I need to be intentional about building up the Body of Christ.  The Lord has blessed me with good relationships with faculty here at Olin, as well as student leaders of the on-campus Christian fellowship.  I need to be prayerful and attentive to the Holy Spirit as He leads me to show the kindness and love of Jesus to people here.  And I need to be as intentional in ministry in El Paso when we return.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your kindness and favor.  Lord, please use me to accomplish your good plan.  May I be available, attentive, and obedient in following you.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, for your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment