Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Warriors on the wall

Nehemiah

4:17-18 ... Those who carried burdens were loaded in such a way that each labored on the work with one hand and held his weapon with the other. And each of the builders had his sword strapped at his side while he built. ...

Offense and defense at the same time.  While we build the Church, stone by stone, we have to be on guard against the enemy.

One of the enemy's most frequent attacks (even in the case of Nehemiah) is through discouragement and intimidation.  We must constantly be protecting our Brothers and Sisters by encouraging each other in our pursuit of Christ.

Heavenly Father, please help me be an encouragement to my Brothers and Sisters in Christ.  Please continue to grow in me a love for you and your Church.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment