Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Holiness

Ezekiel

43:12, 27 ESV
This is the law of the temple: the whole territory on the top of the mountain all around shall be most holy. Behold, this is the law of the temple.  ... And when they have completed these days, then from the eighth day onward the priests shall offer on the altar your burnt offerings and your peace offerings, and I will accept you, declares the Lord God ."

God is holy.  And the place where He dwells must be holy. 

We are not holy, apart from the substitutionary death and atonement of Christ Jesus.  Only then are we accepted by God.  Only then can we enter his presence in peace.

Heavenly Father, thank you for accepting us and adopting us as your children. Lord Jesus, thank you for your sacrifice. I love you, and I want to walk with you today.  Please anoint me with your Holy Spirit to do your work today.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment