Friday, September 6, 2013

Going deeper

Ezekiel

47 Then he brought me back to the door of the temple, and behold, water was issuing from below the threshold of the temple toward the east (for the temple faced east). The water was flowing down from below the south end of the threshold of the temple, south of the altar. Then he brought me out by way of the north gate and led me around on the outside to the outer gate that faces toward the east; and behold, the water was trickling out on the south side.

Going on eastward with a measuring line in his hand, the man measured a thousand cubits, and then led me through the water, and it was ankle-deep. Again he measured a thousand, and led me through the water, and it was knee-deep. Again he measured a thousand, and led me through the water, and it was waist-deep. Again he measured a thousand, and it was a river that I could not pass through, for the water had risen. It was deep enough to swim in, a river that could not be passed through.

I heard a Brother preach (translated from Arabic) on this passage about five years ago, and I still remember it.  He said that when we start in our walk with Christ, we learn to walk (symbolized by the ankles).  Then we learn to pray (knees).  Then we learn to serve in the Body (waist).  But we never stop pursuing the Lord until we are completely immersed in Him.

Unfortunately, I think here in the U.S., we don't see many people get past ankle deep.

Heavenly Father, please help me be one who goes out deeper in the stream of your life.  Lord, please help me lead others deeper in their pursuit of you.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment