Saturday, March 15, 2014

humility of Christ

Mark 14

When Jesus was falsely accused by the Sanhedrin, He did not defend Himself.  When the high priest asked Jesus if He was the "Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One", Jesus replied truthfully:

"I am, and you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven."

They responded by accusing Jesus of blasphemy.  But He didn't defend Himself.  They mocked Him, insulted Him, and struck Him, but He did not defend Himself.

I am usually so quick to defend myself, even over simple things that don't really matter.  But Christ demonstrated humility and steadfast obedience to the Father's will. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for the example of humility in Jesus Christ.  Lord, please transform my character into the character of Christ.  Lord, may I demonstrate the humility of Christ.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment