Thursday, March 27, 2014

Toiling

Ecclesiastes 1:3 ESV
What does man gain by all the toil at which he toils under the sun?

I'm pretty disappointed with some situations at work.  Some people didn't do what they were supposed to do.  And I don't think i have the power to change it.  My inclination is to withdraw to a state of apathy; you can't be disappointed if you just don't care.

LUKE 5:4-5 ESV
And when he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, "Put out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch."  And Simon answered, "Master, we toiled all night and took nothing! But at your word I will let down the nets."

But alas, I have to keep working.  Can't give up.  Need to get my attitude straight.  Hard to change your attitude.  Pride gets in the way.

Heavenly Father, please help me have a good attitude and persevere.  Lord, please help me honor you.  Please help me starve the pride.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment