Monday, September 1, 2014

Love always believes the best

We went camping with our church in Cloudcroft this Labor Day weekend, and aside from minimal sleep due to children and cold nights, it was great.

We went hiking yesterday, and on the hike, Beau started crying because he had left his stick somewhere on the trail.  I told him that we weren't going back for it, and he proceeded to have a meltdown.  I was growing very frustrated, but I maintained my composure in spite of his beligerance.   After several minutes, Beau started to settle down.  Fitzgerald commended me privately for being so patient with Beau.  I told him that his words meant a lot to me because I am generally not patient, but it makes me want to live up to his impression of me being a patient man.  (I think I was pretty patient before we had kids.) As followers of Christ, I think we have a chance to believe the best in our brothers and sisters, and see them rise to the challenge and grow into the image of Christ.  I feel like Fitzgerald spoke life into me in that moment. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for Brothers who see the best in us, who see Christ in us, even when we can't see it ourselves.  Lord, thank you for showing us the way and for giving us teammates to carry the load when we are tired.  I love you, Lord, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment