Sunday, September 21, 2014

Take time to stop and smell the rosemary ... and thank God for hiccups.

I woke up at 6:45 to go for my prayer walk. Sure enough, Jude came walking in to my closet as i was about to put my shoes on, and he asked if he could go with me on my walk.  He hadn't walked past more than a couple of houses, and he wanted to stop and smell the rosemary. 

But my life is too busy for me to make time for my son to stop and smell the rosemary.

We made it a little further, and as I was thanking God for things, Jude chimed in, "And thank you, God, for hiccups."  I realized that he had the hiccups. Pretty good attitude, really.  Hiccups are unwelcomed interuptions, and uncomfortable,  as well.  But the Scripture teaches us to be thankful in all circumstances.

Throughout our walk, Jude kept telling me, "My teacher said, 'God made everything.'"  That is right, Jude.  Faith like a child, right?

Heavenly Father, please help me see things from your perspective.  Lord, please help me spend my time here and now on the basis of eternity.  Help me work in the Kingdom,  not for my own glory.  And please help me enjoy it instead of being burdened and burned out.  I love you, Lord, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment