Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Seeing every day as beautiful

Almost as soon as I woke up this morning, I started thinking about all of the deadlines and work I need to get done today, and I don't know that I explicitly thought it, but in reflection, I think I felt, "Today is going to be a hard and stressful day."  I turned on one of my Pandora radio channels that I listen to in the morning to help me focus on the Lord, and the first song that came on was Today is Beautiful by David Dunn, and that simple statement helped me realize that I was letting my perspective be shaped by my anxiety instead of being shaped by the Lord.  

His mercies are new every morning, and His power is greater than any opposition in this world.  I am an overcomer in Christ because of His abundant grace.

Heavenly Father, may my perspective of this day be shaped by me gazing at you and your overwhelming goodness, and may I not be distracted from perceiving and enjoying your glory by the things of this world. Lord Jesus, may I walk with you. Holy Spirit, anoint me with your presence and power today.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment