Friday, February 24, 2017

The most important thing

As I was sitting here thinking about how important my work is today, I was listening to Shane Everett's song We Are Hungry, I realized this truth: at the end of this day - at the end of EVERY day - the most important thing is that I grew closer to the Lord and gained more of Him.

Doctrinally, some people argue over how much of God do you need to be saved.  But this is wrong.  The most important question we should be relentlessly asking is: How do I get more of Him?

Heavenly Father, thank you for giving me this awareness.  Please increase my hunger and thirst for you.  I confess that too many times I implicitly operate as though I have enough of you, but the truth is that I can never have enough of you.  I love you, and I want to see you and hear you throughout the day.  Help me stay aware of you.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment