Wednesday, April 12, 2017

simple testimony

Every time I read this passage, I am reminded of how powerful a simple testimony can be:

John 9:24 A second time they summoned the man who had been blind. "Give glory to God by telling the truth," they said. "We know this man is a sinner."

25 He replied, "Whether he is a sinner or not, I don't know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!"


I think the key is to focus on how the Lord has blessed us and healed us - to explain how He has changed us.  There are certainly situations that warrant a more detailed apologetic response, but perhaps too often we try to convince people with logic instead of a simple testimony of how He has changed us. As RF says, it is hard to logic someone out of their belief or practice that they didn't logic their way into.

Heavenly Father, may I be faithful to communicate your wonderful love toward us and how you have rescued my life from destruction.  I want to give a simple and undeniable testimony of your love and power.  Please help me be bold.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment